WINNIPEG (CityNews) – The City of Winnipeg has added another street limitation to allow for people to participate in physical distancing.
Vialoux Drive between Alcrest Drive and Wexford Street will be limited for vehicular traffic to allow pedestrians and cyclists to practice physical distancing.
The limitation will run daily from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. until at least Labour Day, at which point the City will decide whether or not to extend the program.
Signs are posted in the area, letting people know they are entering an ‘active transportation route’.
Vialoux Drive joins a list of other routes where motorists, pedestrians and pedestrians all share the road.
- Lyndale Drive – Cromwell Street to Gauvin Street
- Scotia Street – Anderson Avenue (at St. Cross Street) to Armstrong Avenue
- Wellington Crescent – Academy Road (at Wellington Crescent) to Guelph Street
- Wolseley Avenue – Raglan Road to Maryland Street
- Churchill Drive – Hay Street to Jubilee Avenue
- Egerton Road – Bank Avenue to Morier Avenue
- Kildonan Drive – Helmsdale Avenue to Rossmere Crescent & Larchdale Crescent to Irving Place
- Kilkenny Drive – Burgess Avenue to Patricia Avenue and Kings Drive
- Rover Avenue – Hallet Street to Stephens Street
Anyone travelling on these routes is reminded to follow traffic rules while using.
More information on the program can be found on the City’s website.