WINNIPEG – The inaugural season of the Winnipeg ICE will be jam-packed with 10 opportunities to see them face off against the team’s provincial rival.
Earlier this year, the WHL announced that the team, formerly known as the Kootenay ICE, would be moved to Winnipeg from Cranbrook, saying the franchise was “no longer viable” in the Kootenay region.
WATCH: Winnipeg ICE score in WHL draft
This year’s season will open with back to back rivalry games for the ICE and Wheat Kings–the season opener will be in Brandon on Sept. 20 and the following night the ICE host the Wheat Kings in Winnipeg.
Below is a list of all 10 games against the Wheat Kings:
- Friday, September 20 at Brandon 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 21 vs Brandon 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, November 11 at Brandon 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 29 at Brandon 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 30 vs Brandon 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 17 vs Brandon 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 27 at Brandon 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 28 vs Brandon 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 20 vs Brandon 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 21 at Brandon 7:30 p.m.
The Prince Albert Raiders, the reigning champs of the 2018-2019 season don’t play in Winnipeg until the new year.
The ICE play 24 games against the Central Division, five games against the B.C. Division and five games against the U.S. Division.